Your students will love using this road map for writing a proper paragraph.
Included in this resource is everything you need to visually encourage your students to write a paragraph using proper paragraph structure.
I have found that my first graders truly catch on to paragraph structure when using this model.
They understand that the Topic Sentence is how we start (Ready, Set, Go!).
When we write our detail sentences we really need to slow down and give our readers enough information to understand our main idea. The time order words help us “move the story along the road”.
And finally, our closing sentence is the stopping point of our paragraph where we remind our reader of our main idea. This sentence is often a feeling sentence.
2 bulletin board titles:
- “Proper Paragraph Structure” (road sign lettering)
- “On the Road to a Proper Paragraph” road sentence strip
Time Order Word Cars:
- 8 ½ by 11 sized cars
- 1 LARGE Wavy Road Map including Topic and Closing Sentence street signs (simple assembly required)
- Wavy Road Map desk plates. Your students will LOVE using these!
- One 8 ½ by 11 sized stoplight featuring the parts of a paragraph
- One over-sized stoplight featuring the parts of a paragraph (simple assembly required)
- 1. Wavy road (easily connected)
- 2. Straight road
- Paragraph Pl. street sign
- 2. The Write Way street sign
- Wavy Road Writing Paper with title and author name
- Wavy Road Writing Paper full page of lines