Finding a meaningful end of the year student gift can sometimes be a challenge. You want your gift to be educational, useful and not a waste of your money or your students’ time.
This summer reading incentive will keep your students reading throughout the summer. Your students will adopt a stuffed reading buddy, sign an adoption certificate and vow to read to their stuffy every day this summer!
Make them pinky promise and sign on the dotted line!
If you have enough Scholastic Bonus points saved or if your budget allows, you might want to gift them a book from Scholastic as well!
Adopt Stuffed Reading Buddies as an End of the Year Student Gift
This is an easy and fun end of the year student gift to prep and a joy to give your students. What child does not love a stuffy as a gift? Children have so much love to give!
- No food or water necessary! These pups have reading superpowers!
- I found these simple and sweet dog stuffies on Amazon HERE. This is not an affiliate link, I am just trying to be helpful. You can probably stock up at the Dollar store too!
- You can match the adoption certificate pictures to look like each stuffy.
- Print out the dog tags to match the stuffies piture! Edit the tags with each child’s name so that the children do not lose sight of their adopted Reading Buddy throughout the day.
- Proudly, your students will sign adoption certificates. They will simply promise that all they need to do to help their Reading Buddy “survive” is to read to them each day during the summer!
- In each gift bag, you may also include Scholastic books using your bonus points for the year.
If you find The Summer Reading Buddy Adoption Certificates and Dog Tags are a fit for you and your students, I am tickled pink! We must be #kindredspirits or #kindredteachers <3
Finding this article too late? Be sure to pin it for next year!
Looking for More End of the School Year Fun?
If you want to add some extra fun and easy to prep end of the school year traditions to your teaching repertoire you must visit this popular post: End of the Year Treasures.